About the Role
We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Accounts Officer to join our team in Sydney CBD. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing day-to-day accounting functions, including accounts receivable and accounts payable, bank reconciliation, and payroll. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, this position offers an excellent opportunity for growth and development within the organisation.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree of Accounting
- Minimum 2 years of work experience as an Accounts Officer or in a similar role
- Demonstrable knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Experience with Xero Accounting software (preferred but not essential)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to self-learn and manage time effectively.
- Fluency in Mandarin or Cantonese (preferred but not essential)
- Manage day-to-day functions of accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Perform bank reconciliation tasks.
- Assist with month-end tasks and reports.
- Prepare and lodge quarterly BAS and monthly payroll tax and perform reconciliations.
- Resolve issues as they arise and respond to emails from suppliers, customers, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage payroll functions.
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively as a team member.